17 Jun Black Swan Brewpub Beer Tasting & Home Brew Competition to Support Flight 1
When: Sat., August 1st from 1pm – 3pm
Where: Black Swan Brewpub
Black Swan Brewpub (2067 E Hadley Rd Plainfield IN) will host up to thirty (30) local homebrewers who will provide unique beers for tasting. Have you ever dreamed of brewing on a full scale production system or having your beer served to the masses? If so, this is the competition for you. The winner of the competition will brew the winning beer on the Black Swan system, and it will be on tap in the brewpub.
Come with friends, meet new friends, and enjoy good beer in support of Flight1.
The brewers, as well as Black Swan Brewpub’s head brewer, will be on hand to discuss all things beer-related and to exchange technical and sensory evaluations of the entries. All proceeds from the event (both general admission tickets and competition entry fees) go directly from the attendees/brewers to Flight1.
Be one of the first fifteen to purchase your tickets and get the discounted ticket price of $10. Each ticket includes admission to the beer tasting as well as a commemorative tasting glass.
What is Flight1? Flight1 is an Indianapolis based children’s charity that builds confidence in children affected by serious health challenges through the joy of flight. To learn more go to Flight1.org
BEER BREWERS INFORMATION
Competition Entry Fee
The competition entry fee gets you and a guest general admission to the event, a custom event tasting glass and your entry into the competition. The cost for competition entry is as follows: $15.00 paid prior to June 26, 2015. $25.00 from June 26, 2015 through July 25, 2015. No entries will be accepted on the date of the event.
Prizes will be awarded to the three (3) beers receiving the most cumulative votes (i.e., tickets). The prizes are as follows:
- First place – Brewer will be given the opportunity to brew the winning recipe at Black Swan Brewpub. The beer will then be tapped and served at the Black Swan Brewpub, with all proceeds going to Flight 1.
- Second place – Great Fermentations gift certificate
- Third place – St. Joseph’s Pub gift certificate
Format and Rules
Since the goal of this event is to have fun while raising money for Flight1, the attendees – rather than a panel of judges – will determine the winners. Each attendee will be given five (5) tickets which they can use to vote for their favorite beer or beers at the event.
- Each competitor must bring a minimum of one gallon of beer to serve at the competition, although additional beer is welcome (remember people aren’t likely to vote for a beer they haven’t tasted, so you don’t want to run out).
- Beer must be brought to the competition in bottles, growlers, or kegs. Ice tubs will be provided for bottles and growlers. If brewers bring kegs, they must supply their own dispensing system.
- Ciders, meads, bacterially soured beers, Brettanomyces beers, beers brewed with artificial flavorings or ingredients, barrel-aged beers, and beers which require extended aging (longer than 60 days) may enter and win the contest. However these beers will be ineligible from receiving first prize. The winning recipe will be subject to review by the head brewer of Black Swan to ensure the beer is reasonably replicable on the Black Swan Brewpub’s production system. In the event it is not and reasonable accommodations to the recipe cannot be made, the runner-up beer may be selected for brewing at the Black Swan Brewpub in the sole discretion of its head brewer.
- All competitors (and all attendees) must be twenty-one (21) years of age or older and present valid identification. No exceptions.
- Competitors shall not sell or offer for sale any alcoholic beverage at the event.
- Each competitor expressly permits and authorizes Flight1, the Black Swan Brewpub, and/or any sponsors of the event to use the names, likenesses, pictures, voices, audio and video recordings, and biographical information of the respective Brewers and their beers in any manner whatsoever except as prohibited unless by law.
- Neither the Black Swan Brewpub, sponsors of the event, nor the competitors will receive any consideration or payment.
- Each beer will be dispensed solely by the competitor.
Any questions regarding the event should be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org