16 Apr Ride bikes, drink beer: 10-Speed Hoppy Wheat returns Saturday at Bloomington bike ride
Join Bloomington Brewing Company as they celebrate bike and beer culture with the much-anticipated return of 10-Speed Hoppy Wheat on Saturday, April 19, at the Bloomington Brew Pub at Lennie’s, 1795 E. 10th St.
10-Speed is translucent and golden-hued with earthy pine and tropical fruit notes rippling throughout each sip. Mosaic hops deliver their unique aromas of citrus and juicy pineapple with an invigorating finish of wheat bliss.
Here’s a taste of the fun-filled day of festivities:
- 1-2 p.m. Help your bike recover from its winter blues at the Salt Creek Cycles “Tune Up and Tune In” station outside the Bloomington Brewpub at Lennie’s.
- 2 p.m. Ride bikes! They will offer two options: The Organized Ride and the Disorganized Ride. Choose your ride depending on your mood; each one promises to be a good time. Check out the Organized Ride at http://www.mapmyride.com/routes/view/393305920. The Disorganized Ride of 5-6 miles will be led by the Blooming Fools Hash House Harriers and is good for all levels of riders.
- 3-3:45 p.m. Beer check! The organized and disorganized rides converge at an undisclosed location for a beer check and merriment.
- 3:45 p.m. Back to the brewpub for more merriment.
- 4 p.m. 10-Speed Release Party takes place upon arrival at the Brewpub.
- 4-5 p.m. The Salt Creek Cycles “Tune Up and Tune In” station will be set for more fun.
PLUS, you’ll also have chances to win cool prizes, including a vintage 10-speed Schwinn Varsity bicycle restored by Salt Creek Cycles and given a 10-Speed Hoppy Wheat treatment. Winners will be announced at 5 p.m.
Spring has sprung. It’s time to ride bikes and drink beer!
More about 10-Speed Hoppy Wheat:
Like an early morning summer ride through the Indiana countryside, this American wheat ale is golden and hazy with earthy pine and tropical fruit notes rippling throughout each sip. Mosaic hops bring their unique aromas of crisp citrus and juicy pineapple, creating an invigorating finish full of single-hopped bliss.
Malts: Pale, Red Wheat, Vienna
ABV 5.2% • IBU 27 • OG 13.2˚
Growler sales will be on SALE for only $9 on Saturday and Sunday only!
Learn more about Bloomington Brewing Company at their Indiana On Tap brewery page.