11 Nov NUVO’s Great Indiana Beer Bracket Final Four Showdown
A little over a week ago, Chumley’s Pub of Broad Ripple played host to NUVO‘s Great Indiana Beer Bracket Final Four Showdown. The date, being the first of November, was fitting as the event benefited Movember Indy. Movember, of course, being the glorious annual event/cause which involves growing a mustache in November in an effort to raise awareness for prostate cancer, and other men’s health issues.
With the assistance of Brew Bracket, NUVO held a series of online votes in the weeks prior, beginning with 64 Indiana breweries, all leading to the Final Four showdown.
The competition consisted of three style categories, as well as an overall winner. Below is how it all played out:
- Three Floyds Gumballhead
- Sun King Sunlight Cream Ale
- People’s Pilsner
- Upland Champagne Velvet
- Upland Coastbuster Imperial IPA
- Three Floyds Alpha King
- Sun King Osiris Pale Ale
- People’s Mound Builder IPA
- Three Floyds Moloko Milk Stout
- People’s Mr. Brown Brown Ale
- Upland Bad Elmer’s Porter
- Sun King Wee Mac Scottish Ale
- Gold – Three Floyds
- Silver – Upland
- Bronze – Sun King
- Honorable Mention – People’s
As a fan of each of the four remaining breweries, I had been looking forward to a couple of things:
1) Drinking some good beer, and 2) Testing my palate (ie attempt to guess what I was having). Well, at least I had success drinking good beer…
Cheers, and good luck with your stache.