13 Mar New Foyt Wine Vault of Speedway Now Hiring Wine & Craft Beer Servers
Company: Foyt Wine Vault
Location: 1182 Main St., Speedway, IN
Job Type: Part Time
The soon-to-open Foyt Wine Vault in Speedway, IN is now accepting applications for part time wine & craft beer servers. Located on Main Street just steps from the historic Indianapolis Motor Speedway, the Foyt Wine Vault will be serving the legendary racing family’s award-winning wine along with select and local craft beers. A premier selection of cheeses, meats and crackers will also be offered to guests. The stunning Wine Vault (once host to a bank), will also be a showcase of memorabilia from legendary racer AJ Foyt Jr., winner of 67 IndyCar races and 7 national championships. He is also the only driver to win the Indianapolis 500, the Daytona 500 and the 24 Hours of Le Mans. The Wine Vault is expected to become a destination for both wine and racing enthusiasts alike.
Duties & Responsibilities:
· Welcome and greet guests. Make all guests feel comfortable and let them know you’re there to personally take care of them.
· Make recommendations you genuinely feel our guests will enjoy.
· Take food and beverage orders from guests, enter orders in our point-of-sale system.
· Deliver food and beverages from kitchen and bar to guests in a timely matter.
· Perform side work at the start and end of each shift as required by service station assignment.
· Maintain clean service areas.
· Monitor and observe guest dining experience. Respond promptly and courteously to any requests.
· Prepare final bill, present check to guest, accept payment, process credit card charges or make change (if applicable).
· Be ready and willing to assist fellow servers as situations arise.
· Be ready and willing to assist with clearing and resetting of tables.
· Be able to help out as needed or as directed by a manager or immediate supervisor.
· Must have a basic knowledge of dining room and service procedures and functions.
· Possess basic math skills and have the ability to handle money and operate a point-of-sale system.
· Be able to work in a standing position for long periods of time.
· 2-3 years of serving experience preferred, but not required.
· Basic wine knowledge a PLUS!
· Hourly rate plus tips
Foyt Family Wines was created by Larry Foyt and A. J. Foyt IV, the son and grandson, respectively, of the racing legend. Both men joined the family business of racing. Larry has run in NASCAR races as well as the Indy 500 and A.J. IV ran his first Indy 500 at the age of 19. Joining forces with winemaker Tom Meadowcroft in 2009 to further pursue their passion for fine wines, Foyt Family Wines debuted with its release of No. 14 which was a 2006 St. Helena Cabernet Sauvignon from Napa Valley.
A.J. Foyt Jr. carved out his legendary career through his discipline and passion for his profession. We apply the same discipline and passion in creating our wine offerings. Through our wine, we share our family history and hope that you too will share in the experience, and perhaps create great memories of your own.