16 May Jeff McCabe of Big Woods, Quaff On! Brewing, Hard Truth Distilling Named to Head Indiana Travel Recovery Council
BWQOHT Inc. Co-Founder and Executive Chairman, Jeff McCabe, joins fellow Hoosier leaders to assist businesses with COVID-19 recovery efforts
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
May 8, 2020, Nashville, Ind. – Jeff McCabe, Co-Founder and Executive Chairman for Big Woods Restaurant Group, Quaff ON! Brewing Co. and Hard Truth Distilling Co. (BWQOHT Inc.), was selected to serve on the Indiana Destination Recovery Council (IDRC) by Lt. Governor Suzanne Crouch.
“We know the impacts of COVID-19 on the hospitality industry will be lasting, and this group of professionals has not only a vested interest in ensuring success of businesses in our state but also has the experience and drive to ensure we approach this challenge with innovative solutions that other states will follow,” said McCabe. “I’m honored to be part of this accomplished group.”
The advisory group, consisting of leaders from around the state, will consider traditional as well as creative ways to assist the leisure and travel related industry with COVID-19 recovery efforts.
Elaine Bedel, Secretary & CEO of the Indiana Destination Development Corporation, is leading this new council made up of a variety of industry experts, including the following:
- Jeff McCabe, Co-founder and Executive Chairman of BWQOHT, the parent company of Big Woods restaurants, Quaff ON! Brewing Co. and Hard Truth Distilling Co.
- Allison Barber, President & COO of the Indiana Fever
- Jeffrey Brown, CEO of Schahet Hotels
- Matt Eckert, President & CEO of Holiday World & Splashin’ Safari
- Jim Epperson, Executive Director of SoIN Tourism
- Todd Hensley, CEO of Gym Rats
- Leonard Hoops, President & CEO of Visit Indy
- Dana Huber, Vice President, Marketing and Public Relations of Huber’s Orchard, Winery & Vineyards
- Mario Rodriguez, Executive Director of the Indianapolis Airport Authority
The council’s first meeting was held yesterday (May 7).
About BWQOHT Inc.: Big Woods Restaurant Group is one of three companies within the BWQOHT Inc. umbrella. The second is Quaff ON! Brewing Co., which brews more than 40 craft beers, including well-known Busted Knuckle and Six Foot Blonde. The third is Hard Truth Distilling Co., which distills Hard Truth rums, vodkas and gins, including top-selling Hard Truth Distilling Co. Cinnamon Vodka and Hard Truth Distilling Co. Toasted Coconut Rum. Both lines are distributed in Indiana and Kentucky. In the final three months of 2019, Hard Truth Distilling Co. Cinnamon Vodka was the top-selling Indiana craft spirit, and Hard Truth Distilling Co. Toasted Coconut Rum was ranked fourth.