12 Jan Community yoga at Sun King Is Back!
Community Yoga at Sun King Brewery:
Each Saturday morning, at our downtown brewery location, we will host community yoga in the Tasting Room before the brewery is open to the general public. This month, Sun King has partnered with Invoke Studio to lead each Saturday flow. Instructors will lead an all-levels, hour long session, with complimentary beer sampling following each flow.
Upcoming January Releases
• Fistful of Hops Winter - Fistful of Hops is our quarterly series of IPAs, each with the same malt base. We balance that base against a seasonal “fistful of hops” – each time a different combination. • Cans & Draft • Now Available
• Malus Pi – Malus Pi is a Belgian Wit made with apple cider, cinnamon, and oats – just like your favorite holiday apple pie. • Draft only • Now Available
• Detassler - Detasseler is an Imperial American Lager brewed with the help of our friends at Husk. The addition of Indiana corn cobs to the boil provides the beer with a saporous sweetness and full flavor. • Now Available
• Ring of Dingle - Ring of Dingle is a rich and roasty Irish-Style Dry Stout with a clean, dry finish. The beer is named after a scenic road network in Ireland that starts and ends in the city of Dingle. • Cans and Draft • Cans released Jan. 25th
• BA Timmie – Sun King King’s Reserve Series – the heady cocoa, dark chocolate, and molasses flavors of our Timmie Imperial Stout are rounded out with subtle but distinct smoky oak notes brought on by bourbon barrel aging. • Cans Only• Release at Sun King Locations on Feb. 11th
**Did you know that you can find out what’s On Tap in the Tasting Room and Fishers Tap Room by visiting our website? A daily updated list is located on the left-hand side of the homepage
$10 suggested donations will be collected at the door and will benefit Growing Places Indy. Each flow will begin promptly at 10:30am so make sure you are there a little early to check-in, find your spot, and be present. Be sure to bring your own mat and don’t forget your ID – you must be 21+ to participate. Namaste.
January Instructor Lineup:
• January 16th– Yvonne Rodriguez
Sun King Fishers Tap Room News:
If you have visited the Sun King Tap Room in Fishers lately, you may have noticed some action happening in the brewhouse area!
Last month we received Federal and State Brewery License approval, allowing us to start brewing new and small-batch creations – which means – you can now fill up your growlers for carryout on Sundays at the Tap Room.
Over the past six years, the demand for Sun King’s Fresh•Local•Beer has grown exponentially – way beyond Indy – and over the last few months Sun King has begun to expand our distribution throughout Indiana.
In order to expand distribution of our Fresh•Local•Beer statewide and grow our love beyond Indy to the entire state of Indiana we have begun working with experienced distributors like Monarch/World Class Beer.
Many of you may have noticed or will begin to notice our product returning to your county, to your favorite pub, restaurant, or on the shelves at your local retailer. Sun King will continue to self-distribute to all accounts in Marion county (Indianapolis based).
We are dedicated to continuing to bring you well crafted Fresh•Local•Beer that we are passionate about. We are delighted to begin our trek back into the state of Indiana and hope you enjoy a pint or a can of Fresh•Local•Beer soon.
Thank you for being a valued customer of Sun King Brewery.
Chef’s Night Off Indy Brunch:
Chef’s Night Off Indy brings you a 5 course brunch from top chefs from Indy, Chicago, and beyond! Each course has been carefully crafted to pair with beers from Sun King and our friends at 3Floyds (Munster, IN) and Revolution (Chicago). We hope you can join us the Sunday after the 8th Annual Winterfest , Sunday, January 31st at 11:30 am at The Sinking Ship Broad Ripple.
Tickets are going quick – for a list of participating chefs, details of each course, and tickets, please click here.
Everyone knows that Growler Fill Fridays at Sun King are the place to celebrate the beginning of your weekend. With $6 growler fills on house brews – without a doubt one of the best deals around town.
Join us as we partner up with some of our favorite pizza joints around town to bring you pizza parties each Friday from 4:30pm – 7:30pm. ‘Cause what goes better with a pint of Fresh•Local•Beer than a slice of hot pizza pie!
Get Crafty on Sundays:
The Indianapolis Art Center will be “gettin’ crafty” at Sun King Brewery once a month!
You can participate, for a suggested donation of $15, in a two hour painting Pop-Up while you enjoy a pint of your favorite brew (pints sold separately).
Each Pop-Up with the Indianapolis Art Center will feature a different style of painting inspired by artists like Monet, Pollack, and Van Gogh.
Join in the art of gettin’ crafty at the first Pop-Up on Sunday, Jan. 24th from2pm to 4pm at the downtown brewery location.